Build Your Business
Stephen P. Long
Manhattan BNI Chapter 42
About Our Chapter
Welcome to BNI 42 - We Mean Business!
Joining BNI 42 won't bring you less business...
Membership in BNI will boost your business:
- We're part of the largest business networking organization in the world.
- Only one representative from a business classification can join a chapter. Once you've joined your competitors can’t.
- Every applicant for membership is evaluated for professional competence, integrity and reliability.
November 20th:Marc Silverman Director Consultant, Manhattan BNI
November 27th:No Meeting Happy Thanksgiving!! Speakers: Bring your BNI Member Bio and Door Prize on the day of your presentation. Door Prize value should be between $15 and $20.
New Members: Register for the MSP (Member Success Program) on the Manhattan BNI Event Calendar to be added to the Speaker rotation.
We meet Thursday evenings - 6:00pm (sharp!) to 7:30pm
Arrive early to network starting at 5:45pm,
the formal meeting begins at 6:00pm.
Roger Smith Hotel, Mezzanine Level
501 Lexington Avenue(Between 47th and 48th Streets)
To register, contact us prior to attending:
Lee Presser ~ (347) 829-9996 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests are welcome to attend and should bring at least 35 business cards to pass around to members and guests. There is a $10 fee for guests.
Desired Member Categories
Attorneys: Intellectual Property | Immigration
Landlord-Tenant | Matrimonial
Business: Business Coach | Business Consultant
Business Strategist | Bookkeeper | Personal / Consumer Banker
Business Banker: Medium-Large Businesses
Events: Event Planner | Photographer | Videographer
Travel Agent | Florist
Medical: Chiropractor | Acupuncturist | Personal Trainer
Massage Therapist | Social Worker / Therapist
Allergist | Dentist | Dermatologist | Surgeons
Real Estate: Interior Decorator + Designer | Inspector
Stager | Residential Cleaning | Commercial Cleaning
Commercial Lender | Commercial Real Estate Broker: Sales
Commercial Moving & Storage | Residential Rental Broker
Technology: Search Engine Optimization | Web Design
Telecom: VoIP, Landline and Mobile | Call Center
Business + Home Security
If you provide one of these services, we have room in our chapter for YOU! Please contact the Leadership Team and come to our next meeting!
Prospective Members Download the New Member Application
Email your completed application to email@example.com.
Successful businesses depend on personal referrals. Word-of-mouth advertising is the best and most cost-effective advertising there is. BNI provides a structured and supportive system of giving and receiving business. It does so by providing an environment in which you will develop personal relationships with dozens of other qualified business professionals. By establishing this "formal" relationship with other people, you will have the opportunity to substantially increase your business.
- Increased exposure to many other people and businesses.
- Substantially increased business through networked referrals and recognition by one's peers.
- Tools to network more effectively, including an orientation DVD giving the "Formula for Success" in BNI, a, badge, a vinyl card holder to carry members' business cards, referral slips, marketing materials for your chapter and much, much more.
- Participation in up to 52 networking meetings per year.
- Quarterly newsletters with educational material on networking, public speaking, and business.
- Participation in business tradeshows (where you'll have an opportunity to market your chapter and your business).
- Free periodic workshops on networking.
- And much, much more!!!
The World's Largest Referral Organization
BNI is the largest business networking organization in the world. We offer members the opportunity to share ideas, contacts and most importantly, business referrals.
As a member of Chapter 41 you will become part of a real community of entrepreneurs and enjoy its benefits. As a vital member of a BNI Chapter you will bond with many other professionals seeking the same kind of "Word of Mouth" referrals as you.
Since 1985 BNI has used a simple but elegant philosophy that exemplifies membership, "Givers Gain" (what goes around comes around). This elemental approach to prospecting for clients through relationship-building has seen BNI grow to well over 125,000 members in more than 40 countries around the world. In Manhattan, we currently have over 1200 members in more than 50 Chapters.
"One-to-Ones" are meetings with other chapter members outside of the regular morning meetings. One-to-Ones are an opportunity to get to know other members and the services they offer, and are particularly helpful for new members. For all members they're a great way to increase credibility, and in turn, increase the number of qualified referrals.
Charles (Chuck) Lauster
Jon A. Nixon
Stephen P. Long